2016年6月12日日曜日

Ikamet, my case (English) -- イカメット(英語)

There are a lot of visitors for my article about "Ikamet" (residential permit in Turkey) in Japanese.
I thought it might be beneficial to share for those who don't know Japanese,  so I would write my procedure until making an appointment in English as well.

I first applied to this visa when I came to Turkey in 2013.
And, now, it's time to renew.

At that time,  I could apply for multiple years, but now they changed the law.  We have to live in Turkey at least 8 years to apply for multiple years.  So, I am applying for "Touristic Stay", which is valid for 1 year, and will renew it every year as long as I want.

Most of the things are written in details on the website provided below, so you can fill out your application form by following this website.

Istanbul Foreigners Office

If you have some problems to complete your application form, ask them.
You may need fees depending on what you need, but their fees are not expensive and they, Recep and Efkan are very  very helpful.

As mentioned in their website, you need a information of your health insurance when you complete your application form, so buy insurance before you start.
Istanbul Foreigners Office can also arrange the insurance, providing the papers you need for the insurance part.
(*When I bought my insurance, they say that you can buy your insurance 2 months before the starting date of the coverage.)

Well, completing application form is not that hard.
If this would not be the first time to apply WITHOUT any change of your previous information, such as passport, address, etc, you can send the application form with all of the required documents, but if you have changed your passport, address, etc, you have to make an appointment with one of the 5 offices to apply.

I have changed my passport, so even thought this would be to renew the permit, I have to do the same thing as the first time.

In general, you will make an appointment according to where you live, but in my case, I could not make an appointment in the district I live online.  So I went to the office, but they could not do anything to make an appointment.

They gave me the number called "Alo 157", New Communication Center for Foreigners in Turkey, so I called them, and they told me I could make an appointment in other district if I cannot make an appointment in the district I live.

So, I did.
But, my appointment will be November, and my residential permit will expire at the end of July!

After submitting my application form and documents, I can apply for the permission of re-entry which is valid for..., I don't know.  Some people say 2 weeks, some people say 90 days, but so far, if you have this permission even though you stay out of Turkey more than 2 weeks, they don't charge any penalty.
But, I am not sure.

Well, such things happens in Turkey.  There is a rule, but it has variety of "special cases" depending on who you deal with and what the situations are.  If you have lived in Turkey for a while, you know what I mean.

But there seems to be a way.
According to Alo 157, there is a way to go back and forth between Turkey and other countries while this Ikamet-expiring period.

This is how:
Leave Turkey before the residential permit expires and re-enter Turkey after the permit expires.
For example, if the date of expiring is July 15th, leave Turkey, let's say July 13th, then come back 16th.  In that way, the regular touristic visa allows you to stay in Turkey like the other regular tourist.  The valid period varies depending on your nationality.

However, I am not sure this as well, because none of my friends have done this so far!
I may be the first one, but since I have cats at home, I feel anxious if I cannot re-enter, or will be charged a lot of penalty.
In addition, the law changes quite often in Turkey.  I don't wanna scare you, but I am scared to hear "Sorry, the law has been changed" when I re-enter.

So, I have decided not to do this either.
Well, if I want to travel, I would travel in Turkey.
There are so many places to visit in Turkey, and I am sure I will enjoy! :)

Thank you for reading.
Please click the icons below if you like this article!
Thank you again!!!

にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ トルコ情報へ

にほんブログ村 旅行ブログへ
にほんブログ村

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿